Author Topic: juniper virginia  (Read 1289 times)

covalent_bond

juniper virginia
« on: April 12, 2003, 04:16:00 AM »
Swim was walking his dogs the other day and found a juniper virginia tree which appears to be shedding a ton of branches. There must bee 4-5 lbs worth of branches with "leaves" on the ground around the tree. Swim wonders if the branches that have fallen off have less of the wonderful ringed substance than the live ones? At any rate Swim might grab them, weigh them, steam distill,weigh again, then vaccum distill. If I do this I will report my yields to the hive.
Maybee this will be a way for bees who like honey every now and then to get 50-100mls a couple of times a year. I am hypothesising that if I get 900g of leaves then I will end up with 162g oil. From that I will hopefully end up with 14-16g, this is not alot but enough to get recordable results. If anybee has sugggestions I am open. CB

Aurelius

Sources
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 10:59:00 PM »
If you manage to make that work-there are definitely some who would be interested.  Regardless of "low" yield, it's free aside from time and effort.

Edison

covalent_bond

yes I did
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 01:26:00 AM »
That faq is why I know what juniper virginia is, and how much saf is in it.

Edison

I think I've seen that around a lot, even with
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 01:44:00 AM »
I think I've seen that around a lot, even with the blue things on them.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/natives/juniperusvirginiana.htm

barkingburro

holy bat shit man
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 06:30:00 PM »
i have two of those in my yard. i never knew...

w :) w

foxy2

My thoughts exactly Holy Shit!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 02:33:00 AM »
My thoughts exactly Holy Shit!
I was thinking it was some tree only found in the SE USA those fuckers are EVERYWHERE.  ;D   They grow like fucking weeds in fallow fields near me.

Eastern red cedar is a very diverse species ranging from Canada to the Southern USA. It grows in almost any soil type, but thrives in ones that are deep, moist and well-drained.

Looks like home grown MDMA is here to stay, fuck you DEA.

That could bee the lyrics to a new song. ;)

covalent_bond

AAAAHHH!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »
I went back to get those leaves yesterday and they were gone, maybe some other bee beat me to it. Well I will do some trimming when I think I can get away with it, the tree is in a park ajacent to an Arboretum. I dont think they would like me snipping too many branches, hehehehehe.

Scottydog

There are acres upon acres...
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 04:01:00 AM »
I myself wouldn't know, but an enterprising bee could probably take a road trip to the mountains of Colorado and load up 18 wheelers full of the trimmings. But then again for that kind of quantity one might need an industrial area to do the processing.  ::)

There is more then one way to get the DEA out of the populated areas...

Great info, thanks!