Author Topic: the poor mans ghetto condenser  (Read 2080 times)

Ewok_Poacher

the poor mans ghetto condenser
« on: May 27, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »
here is a ghetto condenser for 10 bux. frst get yourself a 3 foot section of 3/4 in pvc, 10 feet of surgical tubing, a t fitting with a female end, 2 female ends, some pvc glue and a big ass roll of duct tape. Take your length of pvc cut off the last 6 inches, glue in the T fitting here (now you have a place to insert fluid). Glue your female end caps on. Take the surgical tubing and wrap it tightly around the pvc starting at the top female end cap(leave a foot at each end). After you finish wrapping it apply duct tape until you run out of duct tape. Now go back to the hardware store of choice and buy male adapters to suit your needs (they sell ones that are made for pvc to tubing , these are perfect for balloon attachment)
Now this isnt included in the 10 bux but to get water flowing through it (figuring its ghetto swim tries to get as much as possible flowing through) you can get a bilge pump (the smallest attwood pump works well. Now buy or ghetto rig something to make your tubing connect hook your bilge pump to a battery charger a viola you have water flowing. this is what swim does mainly because he had the shit laying around the house anyway.

Another quick ghetto tip, I steamer cleaner from the as seen on tv store (it shoots out steam through a tip on the end), a 2 hole stopper and a champagne bottle. the tips included with the steamer fit perfectly around some tubing, run the tubing into the champagne bottle (through the stopper of course) until it almost touches the bottom. now run one throught the stopper into the bottle about an inch.
Now the tube thats only an inch onto the bottle hook to the end of your ghetto condenser and viola steam distillation.
this is for ghetto and trailer park folk if you have scientific knowledge disregard this info. 

ApprenticeCook

well as long as your prepared to re-make these
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 08:40:00 AM »
well as long as your prepared to re-make these things over and over again, cant see any re-use value after a single synth using HI.

Ewok_Poacher

I am assured by well respected members of the...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »
I am assured by well respected members of the hive community that the pvc will hold up - the tubing that comes in contact will need to be replaced however.

jammin

Why dont you just get a real one?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »
Im often puzzled by the steps bees take to make a getto condenser, and i've seen quite a bunch of plans.

Why dont you simply buy one?
Its both cheaper and better...

Are glassware watched in the US, or what?

I thought it was only flasks exceeding 6ltrs and such

Ewok_Poacher

why dont you buy one ?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »
First al I can find is online or mailorder where I live , this causes a problem because I have no credit card. The next rpoblem is I have no money, I bought all the materials to make this condenser for less than 10 dollars. If you want to sell me a condenser for 10 bux let me know I will buy it.

jammin

Well, i would...
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »
but i dont live in the US... :(

I bought mine brand new for aprox 25 bucks...   :-[