Author Topic: The Merck Index...Warez'd  (Read 18696 times)

Pheesees

Re: The Merck Index...Warez'd
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2000, 02:44:00 PM »
I have had no luck trying to unpack these files. I am using winrar, and when I try to unpack one of the 5 meg files, the resulting file shows a content of 130 bytes!! I have redownloaded both the merck & my winrar, just in case...still no luck. Any ideas?

Drugs are the cheapest & most reliable form of space transport.

CherrieBaby

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2000, 02:08:00 AM »
CheshireHouse - Thanx - I will do as instructed.

Pheesees - double click on the merck.rar file or open the archive. Click on merck12.bin, click the 'Test' option to check that the files are OK. It takes a while to test but you should get no errors reported.

If there are no errors you should be able to extract the merck12.bin just as I did. Use the latest version Winrar 2.7 - I think.

chem

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2001, 08:59:00 PM »
Shit!  I know that I can burn this sucker with no help...so I went to get the filez...and fuckin' 'a' the server doesn't exist?

ftp://ftp.candw.ag/pub/incoming/

so i backtracked to the

ftp://ftp.candw.ag/

site, and found that it doesn't exist? is someones computer offline? :(

chem

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2001, 09:11:00 PM »
Wait, got the first server that was posted, thanks a heap Macster...Merck here I come...17th edition already released! wow :)

chem_123@hotmail.com

savestheday

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2001, 02:46:00 AM »
The I drive still works, however...

Rhodium

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
No, the 17th edition of Merck Index has not been released, we are still stuck with the 12th ed. The Merck Manual (a completely different book) 17th ed has been released though.

http://rhodium.lycaeum.org

xxvampxx000

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2001, 05:46:00 AM »
Heres a link that might help someone out.It is a database of chems. and their properties,And they have a cd-rom that you can order for free with over 10,000 chems. in it

http://www.merck.de/english/services/chemdat/index.htm

noj

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2001, 01:37:00 AM »
the .bin file is a raw data file. Just rename the file extension to .nrg to use nero burning rom. probably could use iso or any other extensions, but know the this works for nero.

An optimist thinks this is the best possible world.
A pessimist fears this is true.

PlastyK

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2001, 10:08:00 AM »
All the links are dead, I dont supose anybody would be kind enough to put it back up somewhere or if you were REALLY nice you could even send it to me, I would be more than happy to trade info if you like.
PlastyK

jungleboogie

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2001, 08:26:00 PM »
Hmm, if someone would be so kind as to give me the files, i can put them up so they can be mass-downloaded.

SpicyBrown

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2001, 08:11:00 PM »
Inr egards to this topic.. CambridgeSoft has released Version 13 of the Merck Index. I believe they've ditched the old engine and redone how the whole thing is indexed. It sounds like a most excellent upgrade...

More info at

http://products.cambridgesoft.com/ProdInfo.cfm?pid=231

SpicyBrown

Bulldog44

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2002, 12:29:00 PM »
I've tryed all the idrive links and they all seem to be down. Would someBee please post or PM me as to what URL contains the magic manual ? Is there anybodyBee that can set it up on Morpheous? That would be great !!

Thanks...............OUT

hest

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2002, 08:33:00 PM »
Bulld. look at the dates on those post's these things is usual a time limited offer  ::)

vxm

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2002, 07:48:00 AM »
hey, i would be willing to put merck up on an ftp for you guys if someone can send it to me (pm me).

Bwiti

Idea
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2002, 07:18:00 PM »
Put it on Kazza or Grokster.

Love my country. Fear my government.

http://www.gothicradio.com

maxz

ChemOffice
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2002, 06:20:00 PM »

mnkyboy77

Unable to install
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2002, 12:53:00 PM »
Sorry...Try again...Was unable to install.  "ChemOffice was interupted during installation"

The MAN lives next Door, So SHHHHH!

Prdy2GO

Too big!!!!
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2002, 12:34:00 PM »
I know that few will be able to get this in one peice. Can you break this into say 5 10Mb chunks or parts? I Had it almost complete and fell asleep and so did the pc and hung. about 2hours over a cable modem mid night d/L.

Thanks

Don't look at me I didn't do it!

TheBlindGenius

Now what?
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2002, 12:13:00 AM »
Swim knows jack shit about what y'all are talkin 'bout winrar and nero and all this. swim downloaded the most recent link, the one from maxz, and unzipped it with winzip. when swim went to install it it is asking for a serial number and registration code. what now?

Chromic

Use better D/L software..
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2002, 10:50:00 AM »
Try using bulletproof or another software that can download the file and if there's an interruption, that is able to resume as well. Is this the 13th Ed of the Merck Index? If so, I have got to download myself a copy...