Author Topic: Straight to E-using (spanish)ephedrinalevel pills?  (Read 2379 times)

place

Straight to E-using (spanish)ephedrinalevel pills?
« on: April 04, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
Hey. Is there any spanish or EU-bees who knows if the extraction methode, Straigth to E, can be used to extract pure ephedrine from the spanish pills "EPHERDRINE LEVEL"?

popi

try this
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

place

Yes, there was no label.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »
Yes, there was no label. SWIM is pretty sure that this pills are NOT super gakked. SWIM tried the Cure methode, after evap the methanol 3,9g product was left, after using 100 50mg pills.

A friend of SWIM sugggested that he just should boile the ephedrine + crap in H2O.HCL a littel and there after wash with NP. That sounds easiere than The Cure's methode with boiling the ephedrine + crap + NP, but would it work??

Also, is the anyone who can tell SWIM why he only got 77% (and that even with the pillcrap) back after the MeOH ekstract?

Ganzas2003

hi
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 06:52:00 AM »
did u used pre dried solvents? if not ur pfed is likely to be dissolved in those solvents...anyway i REALLY hope u kept all...if so next time reused them...im a EU bee and pills i aquire arent really very very gakked. i have some post here about cleaning them...anyway i tried a lot of shit to find it wasnt really necessary to do it. i run simple extractions now and yields are ok....anyway if u arent super perfectcionist about drying solvents and chem technique 77% isnt really that bad.

global peace

chameyotch

Huh?
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »
100 X 50mg = 5g, so there must be 4g of gaak in those.

place

After the NP boils (chloroform + Heptan) and...
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 03:08:00 AM »
I did the cure methode and after the NP boils (chloroform + Heptan) and acetone wash, only 1,77g white crystals was collected. So only a yield on 35%.

Well, no the solvents was not pre dried. The ekstraction was only to check if it would work. But will predried solvents improve so much? Ofcoures it will help, but still after the MeOH was evap. only 3,8g was collected. Alone the ephedrine should weigth 5g and crap the same or even more.

Osmium

Why don't you give us an ingredient list?
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 04:38:00 AM »
Why don't you give us an ingredient list? What exactly is in those pills, besides ephedrine?

place

I would if I could. The only thing there is on
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »
I would if I could. The only thing there is on the labe is:

Efedrina Level
Efedrina clorhidarto 50mg

pikkolo_z

google
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »
did you try runing that name through google before you posted

Ganzas2003

hmmm i saw some pictures of those pills in the
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »
hmmm i saw some pictures of those pills in the net.
I really dont know what can they have as inactives.

try xileno or tolueno and boiling...microwaved.

swim used xileno+tolueno mix. he boiled. he said to me that xileno was yellow.

swim decanted and added fresh mix again. yellow again.

swim then said "gotta get rid of this remaining xileno+tolueno in my pill mass...hmmm" then an ideia flies above him...he catches...acetone...of course he never dreams about drying it first so straight from the 2L can with a lovely pink top...he of course lets it rest for AT least 20 minutes...

After several extractions he quickly concludes that etanol is the best to pull pseudo. He gets metanol much cheaper but Etanol pulls less shit...even some Sudas with a red coating which really doesnt need any "takin of the Red" first...etanol doest pull the red...but the metanol will...and he even uses the 96% Vol. he easly buys in the corner store...

when he evaps the tone he gets some pfed. since he saw that some product was there inside the bottle with the tone washing he decided to reuse like 3 time before evaping...

The next time that nite evaping tone he gets Meth but meth is defenately more soluble in tone...

try the xileno or tolueno and report back...

place

SWIM are not 100% sure what you mean.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 04:34:00 AM »
SWIM are not 100% sure what you mean.

Soak the pills in ethanol instead of MeOH, filter and boil with xylene/tolueno instead of heptan/chloroform? SWIM thougth that any NP would work as "boiling solvent"? 

Is there any diffents on ephedrine extractions and so psedoephedrine?

What about a simpel a/b? Make pills to powder and lightly boil the powder in H2O with a littel HCL, pH 1-4. Filter, base up to 12-14, exstract with hot naptha 3 times and exstract the ephedrine FB with H2O.HCL and evap the water? Would that work or is SWIM to naive?

place

SWIM reacted the 1,75g ephedrine to test the...
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »
SWIM reacted the 1,75g ephedrine to test the purity. SWIM got 100mg product after the last HCL H2O was evap.

The reaction was Curbshots Nano low yielding synth., to much water and temp. never came accros 100c, so that a reason why the yield was so small ( ;) ), but wouldn't the yield still have been higher if the E was 100% pure?

SHORTY

Mechanical losses
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »
With that small of a rxn the mechanical losses would be quite significant especially if one has little experience with the process.  It can't just dissappear it will either come back as pseudo, meth or an intermediate.  Therefore, it was probably lost during the workup in the washes and on the glassware etc..

Ganzas2003

losses
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »
"SWIM got 100mg product..."

shorty is right. its there.

anyway the very first time Swig tried he too runned the curbs nano followed by the letter.

first extraction was really just a brown goo weighting 50mg if so...but next day he got back to the DRY from one day wait reaction vessel...used toluene as nonpolar for a/b extraction of meth against what he was using and he recover
0.5g of yellow dust which made SWIG really speedy ;)

Swig used only guettoware and reaction was runned in a water+sand bath...without knowing, that way SWIG managed to get the reaction around the 100ºC...it was a 50 minutes reaction coz he terminated when the water runned out.

Swig learned that no matter what time u think it will take u should look for visual signs of a terminated reaction.

Last short cook was 2g Pfed. It took 3 hours for the reaction to end. Swig used 4,2g I and 3,2g used RP washed with acetone. Tried not to pass the 100ºC using its termometer to check, he runned the first hour or so...by the one hour and half the  reaction seemed to stop and it was like "dry dead", termometer marking 105ºC...so SWIG added 5 drops of Dwater and heated till he reaches 130º...it tooked 12 minutes...shut heat off and temperature was getting higher and SWIG concluded that the reaction was still going (those large medium opaque marron bubbles dont let u go wrong)...when reached 150ºC the flask was pulled a littl eup from the sand bath so the temperature wont go above the 150ºC...bubbles cleaned and seemed more transparent now....still big...let it react and by the 3 hour mark, termometer marking 125ºC the reaction stoped...heated again and added 4 drops...fizz coz it hot inside! bubbles but because of hot...no more big marron bubles...let temperature go up till 165-175ºC ...nothing! it was "finito" 8)

recovered 1.2-1.4g of very good white stuff.since SWIG uses only guettoware he thinks thats not bad. SWIG will be upgrading to labware to see the diference. he will then report back with pictures of guetto/lab, short/long reflux scenes...

till then he will perfect technique running "short" reactions and aquiring experience by UNDERSTANDING whats going on based ON THE VISUAL SIGNS.

global peace

place

ARGH!
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »
F..! SWIM fucking hate this pills now. He soaked 100 50mg pills again in MeOH for about 2 hours. But this time he first filtered and then collected the pill mass again and soaked it in fresh MeOH in about 30min.

He add the two MeOH pulls to flask and put it in a frezzer. After a while he took the flask out and filtered. No need, because nothing was stuck in the filter. No wax, clump or anything. After the MeOH was evap, 3,5g raw epehdrine + crap was collected! The ephedrine should weigth 5g alone!! SWIM will do the dry NP's boils (N-heptan and naptha) now and end up with about 1,75g ephedrine again. 

This pills are quite expensive (black marked) where  SWIM lives, so it drives him a littel crazy that theis NON SUPER GAKKED pills causing him troubles..

Would 93% ethanol or IPA work better than MeOH? It sounds wrong in my ears.

Ganzas2003

etanol
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »
etanol even 96% works better. SWÎG told me that methanol which by the way is 5x cheaper is in fact a bad choice if etanol is easily available. methanol pulls A LOT more gakk. trust SWIG...and is not the only saying this...

cant coment isopropil as it was never used.

SHORTY

Dry your 93%
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
Ethanol is a much better alcohol for pulling pseudo.  However, i have only used 100% lab grade ethanol so i am not sure whether or not 93% would bee a problem.  If it is then you could always dry it first.

If your only getting 3.5 grams out of a methanol pull then there is definetly something wrong considering that pseudo is quite soluable in methanol.

How strict are the rules governing the labeling of medications where you live?  If they are not strict like the fda is in the US then it is possible that they don't contain as much pseudo as they claim to.  How much methanol did you use to pull it?

place

Success
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2004, 04:47:00 AM »
The last 7% is not just water, but also shit that makes you puke, sick etc.

SWIM tried a another MeOH extract, this time with a lot more pills. He let it left alone i 48hours (swirling now and then), filtered, frezzed, filtered, saved the raw ephedrine crystals + crap. Took the filtered pills mass and added new fresh MeOH and waited 24hours. Filtered, frezzed, filtered and let the MeOH evap. The first pull gave about 27g and second 4,2g.

After 3 boils in dry Xlenxe, the crystals was allowed to dry. Then SWIM soaked them in dry acetone in about 30sec. and filtered again. Yield = 83,5% 

SWIM just have one concern, is the epehdrine clean enough? SWIM tried to use Placebo's "clean" test. The acetone, which was used to that last wash, was added a littel NaOH and water. The water was defently not clear, but to much NaOH was used, so if was hard to see if the crap in the water was NaOH or pill crap.

Is there any tests you can use to test your purity of your ephedrine?