Site > News

Wild stories and claims about ketone meth in The Atlantic

(1/6) > >>

atara:
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/11/the-new-meth/620174/

Apparently, the recent scale-up of P2P reductive amination by chemists in Mexico is producing a more dangerous product. I don't think that this meshes well with the normal reports of racemic vs dextro- methamphetamine, though. Racemic might give you colder hands, but it doesn't make you go crazy.

So what the hell are these quacks doing? Is a nitromethane Al/Hg leaving metals in the product? Is there some kind of synthetic byproduct? Or is it just that increased availability, novice users and bad memories created a mirage?

carl:

--- Quote from: atara on October 19, 2021, 06:42:28 PM ---So what the hell are these quacks doing? Is a nitromethane Al/Hg leaving metals in the product? Is there some kind of synthetic byproduct? Or is it just that increased availability, novice users and bad memories created a mirage?

--- End quote ---
If you mean the media with "these quacks", then they are just doing what they always do :P
Exaggeration and inflation.

I think there is even an episode of that frankocanadian fetish cartoon show (for kids!) on at least the topic of inflation ;D

Oh man, now I read half that article, its infuriating and just plainly wrong :o
You should know better :o

I mean, wtf is this shit:

--- Quote ---Bozenko’s sample contained mostly d-methamphetamine. Someone had removed most of the l-meth. “I’ve taken down labs in several continents,” Bozenko told me years later. No one in the criminal world, as far as he and his colleagues knew, had ever figured out how to separate d-meth from l-meth before.
--- End quote ---
That is exactly both a description of the known one-step chiral enrichment(as its one step, and only enriched) separation I know of and congruent with the findings of the DEA.
"mostly", yeah, because after one step, its still ~70% (S)-, but that suffices to form crystals or "sharts" as they call them in english apparently :P

Yeah so much for smoking sharts: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shart

jacolives:
Increased availability, novice users.  It’s sort of the reverse of the people that say “shit was way better back in my day a quarter gram or crank used to keep me up for days” - no you’ve just been using for 25 years and your brain is no longer able to produce neurotransmitters fast enough.  While meth has been produced on industrial scales for a while in Mexico, it has still taken several years before it was readily available and CHEAP in some parts of the country.

Also the way people use it has gotten more ambitious.  Smoking sure, will get you pretty crazy if you can manage to get enough in you fast enough but there is a limit.  Now tough people smoke all day and smoke it fast with through bongs.  Then there are innovations like the “hot rail”.  I have seen people crush up 7 grams, then split it into FOUR lines.  People do this all day too.  Any panhandler or school teacher or whatever can buy an ounce for personal use no problem.

carl:
Someone should put a panhandle in those peoples asses, or seven, maybe even nine.
Wtf is this shit with the taken doses?

I can stil stay up two or more likely three days with 100mg of amphetamine sulfate if I need to, tolerance free.
Don't they know that this shit goes down in times of no use?

jacolives:
What is this “times of no use” you speak of?  Must be some weird Euro thing.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version