Author Topic: Methcathinone to Methamphetamine  (Read 16125 times)

RepVip

Well... good question. I didn't know you could.
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2002, 01:02:00 AM »
Well... good question.  I didn't know you could.  I was originally just looking for alternative routes that didn't employ RP.  And making Cat from Pseudo is relatively easy. I'm going through a massive learning process - trying to absorb all this information at once.  I've come a long way (compared to just 2 months ago) and there still is a long way to go.  I think it's amazing you can go through so many different routes and still obtain the same thing.  I have to wonder why there is not more talk of other routes to meth.  The prospect of turning a gallon of toluene into a bucket (exagerated) of meth just grabs my full attention  :)

It's not even about the meth anymore.  It's the chemistry that I'm attracted to.  Eventually I will "graduate" from this forum to the fun stuff!

pHarmacist

Master
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2002, 01:21:00 AM »
Wizard: do you have any details on this, i think this is (if it works as wiz claims) as revolutionary as hypo-method...

1-2-3 ACiD

WizardX

Rhodium, RepVip, pHarmacist: Yes, I'll find the ...
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2002, 02:53:00 AM »
Rhodium, RepVip, pHarmacist: Yes, I'll find the info in my spellbook and post it. This method of reduction is old school for me. Anyway, give me sometime as I'm flat-out.

pHarmacist

nice
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2002, 03:05:00 AM »
I've allready started collecting my urine in order to get urea and eventually N2H4, no seriously, i can't wait for your post....

1-2-3 ACiD

WizardX

Hydrazine Synth.
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2002, 01:21:00 AM »
Look at this if you want to make your own Hydrazine.

http://www.orgsyn.org/orgsyn/prep.asp?prep=cv1p0309

Hydrazine (N2H4) Sulphate

http://www.orgsyn.org/orgsyn/prep.asp?prep=cv5p0030

Reduction with Pd/C & N2H4

The Hydrazine, N2H4 is the hydrogen donor.

java

Hydrazine Hydrate
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »
Hydrazine Hydrate(NH2NH2·H2O)
Compiled by Asheesh Kumar Jain
Synlett 2004, 2445-2446

Introduction
The synthetic utilities of hydrazine hydrate have been extensively investigated in organic chemistry. Among reducing agents, hydrazine hydrate stands out for its application to a broad variety of reductive transformations.
It is easy to use and reduces many functional groups, such as carbonyl compounds, alkenes, alkynes
and nitro groups under mild reaction conditions. Hydrazine hydrate is commercially available. It is a liquid (mp –52 °C, bp 120–121 °C, d = 1.027 g/mL), and issoluble in water, ethanol, methanol, propanol and isobutanol.