Author Topic: The Cough.....  (Read 170815 times)

tina_craig

The Cough.....
« on: October 11, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »
Swim has seen IV users cough hard after injecting a 1/4 gram of crystal that looked very good and clean and they would also experience extreme euphoria, what causes this and should the clean and pure gogo cause this?

NaXen

1/4g?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
fukk, thats intense...SWIM's never IVed but 250mg sounds like a pretty fuckin high dosage...am i wrong?

tina_craig

swim thinx it is the norm after a year or two...
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »
swim thinx it is the norm after a year or two of IV use.

Prepuce

1/4 gram!? Sounds like a suicide dosage
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »
You know someone who injected a 1/4 gram of meth--IV--and lived to tell about it? That's what I call tolerance! I sure would not recommend trying it.

PP

tina_craig

well, it seems most start at 1/8 gram or 1/16,
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »
well, it seems most start at 1/8 gram or 1/16, but as use continues 1/4 gram seems to be the norm.

indole_amine

absolutely crazy junks
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »
10-30mg is the recommended dosage for no-tolerant users...

1/4th of a gram is 250mg - 25x that much...

A wonder that they were able to sense any euphoria, and that the symptoms only included coughing...

;D

(my guess is that those freaks were injecting a healthy amount of MSM if you ask me..)

indole_amine

Amnesia

tina_craig was the meth cooked ala bee style...
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »
tina_craig was the meth cooked ala bee style from swim? or was it purchased off the streets?

If it was the later then id highly suspect it was cut with MSM, and some sort of cleaning really should of been done before IV.

Everyone should know by now that the looks of the crystals mean jack shit!

Swim has seen crystals that were huge, sparkling gorgeous looking but was more MSM than meth!, user beware!

abominator

Where's Episto?
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 10:24:00 PM »
Where's Jemma, he could make some relevant comments on this!  That sounds like WAY too much to swim though his tolerance is not that high at all, considering. ;)

Chances are your friend IV'd some meth in that 250mg, but if it came from the street, it is highly cut!!

Swim knows users that have used for many years and don't do that much in a single sitting.  A quarter of swim's stuff typically will keep two persons UP for 72 hours before rest is needed. If one consumes alone it seems that quarter lasts a work week, anyway.

Can't say that I've ever heard of the cough phenomenon, but the euphoria or rush is likely due to by-products from the cook.  Pure meth does not rush one in the same way as cocaine, but many tweakers look for this rush and will turn down clean dope in favor of the "crank rush". 

Swim does experience what he would call a euphoria upon intranasal or slight after oral injestion.

tina_craig

well, this particular dealer always knew when...
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 10:32:00 PM »
well, this particular dealer always knew when his stuff was cut and would let the clientell know when it was and the more it was cut the less cough.  Swim knows that not everyone that IV's coughs even from the same gear, however most would need a minute to lie down because their eyes felt crossed and breathing very heavily, not short of breath just faster breathing.  Not sure of recipe, however, thinking that most product originated in CA.  MSM would cause these side effects.  Swim witnessed someone doing some brownish crystals with the same effect.

abominator

Smoking cut dope will make you cough.
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »
Smoking cut dope will make you cough.

indole_amine

snorting too *lol*
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »

Amnesia

Well i think the best thing to say is, clean...
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »
Well i think the best thing to say is, clean your stuff which ever way you think is appropiate.
Weigh up the goods and see how much it was cut (if cut at all) then IV the clean stuff (after a re-x) and see if the cough still happens.

If it does... well then maybe its just the way your body reacts to it, more research can be done then.

biotechdude

tolerance
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »
fukk, thats intense...SWIM's never IVed but 250mg sounds like a pretty fuckin high dosage...am i wrong?

Swix has seen long term IV'ers doing 450mg - no cut, freshly evap'd.  Some elder bees would be somewhere round there too...

epistemologicide

meth cough
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2004, 02:49:00 AM »
you fucking  maniac!! just saw this shit

obviously it was cut to shit, if not your friend would have gone all red , and his body temp would have gone throught the roof, next time, your manic tweaker frined does that , do it beside a fucking bath tub with ice, incase he fucks himself, and you can keep his body temperature down untill help arrives.

coughs usually from the by products, yellow gear, acetone wet gear..

but  yes pure shard gear you can taste the meth,with a big amount and that takes your breath away with a cough too, so its hard to say.

you dont need any more than the street slang of two points of pure meth ice, take in the morning,. then take two amminos at night lphenylenanine, and l-tyrosine, with a sedative and burn lavendar oil in a dark fucking room (study during the day after a quick fuck with the rush)

then fucking sleep.

what the fuck are you thinking!!

what_is_that

Swiw says...
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2004, 04:03:00 AM »
He has been around IVers for a long time, before doing it himself.  He has seen many long-time-users do even more (1/4 g+).  250mg is NOT uncommon.  He will do that much himself...fresh out of the crystal garden.  He thinks that one may build tolerance at a faster rate when doing it "that way".

As for the cough...Some cough, some dont. Who knows why?  But,  Swiw know that everyone reacts a little differently,  with the same exact chemical(s).

Amnesia

I guess anythings possible, i remember reading
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 04:58:00 AM »
I guess anythings possible, i remember reading a thread here at the hive about some guy whos heavy abuse of the substance over the years lead to such an extreme tolerance that the meth would just make him sick. No amount of meth would get him any pleasent feelings.

tina_craig

Swim has seen as much as a 1 gram injection.
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »
Swim has seen as much as a 1 gram injection.  Guy puked.  Said he felt fucking awesome though.

geezmeister

heavy IV use
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »
A quarter gram of clean, recrystallized meth is too much, even for a tolerant user. A user with a tolerance will survive it just fine, and someone with less of a tolerance will be just plain stupid for an hour or two.

How much meth is in a quarter gram of "meth' that has not been recrystallized twice is anyone's guess. If you are not talking about doubly recrystallized meth, you are talking about how much of a gram bag you are doing, not how many mg of meth you are doing.

Anyone who doesn't recrystallize his meth because of the loss in weight incurred in recrystallizing is kidding himself on the amount of meth in a gram of his powder. There are a lot of folks who won't recrystallize anymore, because the meth they have is full of anti-crystallization agents that make them lose a lot of quantity when they recrystallize. If that agent is present, a quarter gram of powder isn't 250 mg of meth.

jboogie

ive iv-ed meth/ice/glass/crank/mda/mdma of...
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »
ive iv-ed meth/ice/glass/crank/mda/mdma of many purities over the years and have found the "cough" many times. i get it the worst on the clear-clear/shards. But 1/4 gram! either that dope sucks id like to believe indole_ami. on this one ...MSM or meth has mutated a new breed of junkie! ::)

indole_amine

1 gram ?? Is deadly...
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »
I doubt that even high-tolerance users will be able to inject as much as 1 gram, tina_craig: they simply would DIE, at least if said "human ice bath" wasn't at hand... ;)

(must really be cut shit - or these guys have a strange heart anomality, allowing for a 180/240 blood pressure with 220bpm or something like that... :) )

Of course, the cough could be derived from impurities in "pure" stuff; anyway, you *really* should reXtalize whatever your friends might be injecting there....

(maybe your friends really shouldn't do meth IV at all!?)

indole_amine

spaceman1964

1 gram my ass!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »
swis has been a methhead (no offense to the real methhead---your the man!) for 25yrs, and if anyone did a real 100%meth shot of 1g, they'd be crankin with the meth god himself!  swis will on occasion still IV (have been a meth/coffee/aspirin convert for waaaaay some time), the cough seems to have went the way of prope dope if you ask me.  yeah you may get a sorta kinda cough, but the real kick ass feelin has gone the way of the edsel.  give me prope and give me meth! :o  ;)  8)

evilscripter69

the cough. .
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2004, 10:32:00 PM »
thats from traces of solvents used in making it, more common in the older alkali/earth metal methods popular before the pseudo method became known, SWIM has seen people cough from his D when the dopefiends couldnt wait for the acetone to dry completely,when it was used to clean up gassed dope.
Now on the subject of dosages SWIM sure the hell knows how to  make clean recrystallized meth, and regulary weighs a minimum of 400mg when doing iv. When meth is real clean u can do even more of it at a time, and many times over .60 of a gram was done. Maybe SWIM is an abnormnal methhead but he has done it since the 70's. There is my 2 cents on this matter, had to comment on it though 8)

spaceman1964

WOW
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »
swis stands corrected 8) !  guess i need to clean house some more :o !  hey, by the way, thanks for your help on my case of the red hots evilscriptor 8) .  your ghetto FB i'll be checkin out soon.  havin more problems as we speak. (my life story lately).  Late

Organikum

bronchodilator
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »
Methamphetamine is a strong brochodilator - ever heard of Vicks-Inhalers? A sudden relaxation of the lung will make you cough, in special when you are a strong smoker although thats not necessary.
Simple: The body had established a certain tension on the lungs, this tension is chemically removed, very sudden in case of IV, and the reflexive nervous system wants to counter this sudden change - coughing is nothing but a sudden tension.

Its funny to see how ppl asking questions in the crystal-meth forum get so many replies, but almost never answers on the question asked. Even more funny is that nobody seems to mind.
Meth often establishes a certain self-centered pseudo-communication (pun intended), many may see this as natural or even normal - rest assured, it is not.

epistemologicide

odour
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2004, 05:18:00 AM »
perhaps, but you can still taste the meth on a big wack of crystals, and that tastes like fuel, and it makes you cough, just the stench alone.

wareami

KookShots!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2004, 05:48:00 AM »
First let me say Ibee hasn't coughed in years and while that might be tolerance related, he always associated the cough with ether extracted dope that contained cuts!

Post 266185 (missing)

(wareami: "Re: IV meth vs. ritalin vs. coke?", General Discourse)

Post 472091

(wareami: "Jacked is correct! As usual!", Stimulants)

(Read those whole threads!)

1000mg is not unheard of for Ibee on very rare occassions(ExtraPureDope)....
You may not hear an intelligent word for weeks...
But hey....you know better than to place unrealistic expections on me by now :P  ;D  ;)

But remember kidz....Ibee has severe adhd and that plays into his tolerance with meth!
Using since 1974 should also be taken into account!

The most amount Ibee has ever done in one sitting was with meth of unknown origin....but it was white back in the day compared to the variouscolor BikerCrank so it was slightly cleaner.
1250mg IV.
Standing UP at time of impact!
Slid down the wall and couldn't move or speak for twenty minutes! Couldn't hear either for all the bellringing goin on.
All the sudden 20minutes later...UP^^UP and Away...
Ibee couldn't stay!
Buzz to remember!
Very Stupid and not recommended whatsoever!
Never heard of puking...that might be a cut related response.

tina_craig

Fessin' up...
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »
swit_c IV's as well, just didn't want to get flamed for it because wasn't sure how others felt about it.  When swit_c would shoot 1/4 gram which is usual dose, would cough his head off, eyes would feel like someone was pushing on them from the outside in, extreme, extreme euphoria, instantly just wanted someone to screw and would take 2 days to finish having sex.  These experiences have always been with street bought stuff and have had a few successful small rxn's of swit_c's own but these effects have eluded him.  Swit_c loves the cough.  Have never done a whole gram at once.  Did 3/4 of a gram one time and sketched out for 4 hours, sitting in the kitchen sink, crying thinking even the guy on the lawn mower passing by was part of the DEA bust I was hallucinating about.  About 2 years ago. That was no fun.  The landlord finally showed up to help fix A/C and snapped me out of it.  Won't go any further with how that story ended.  Was in a fucked up situation, girlfriend took off, dealer told me he had been cheating with her so I was tweaking alone in my apartment with no radio, tv or computer to occupy my mind.  I do not recommend that.  On a side note, isn't MSM somewhat pliable?  Won't it bend a little before breaking and crystal just breaks?

Swit_c also stands up while injecting and as soon as the needle is pulled out begin walking around until doubling over to cough.

tina_craig

Another thing, swit_c has done a hit that made
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »
Another thing, swit_c has done a hit that made the bottoms of his feet so hot he had to kick his shoes off, what the hell is that?

jboogie

Hot Feet!!
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »
I got the hot feet before..and the hot arm. it was from heroin, though. i attribute this to the fact that niacin is a common agent used to cut things where manitol is too expensive- ie GHETTO. thats just a guess, but i think i was right on my occasion. niacin will make you burn up inside! ;D

wareami

Heat Rushes...
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »
Heat Rushes are mostly attributed to salts...
Many cuts will contain some form of salt as the xtalling  seed or a large part of the compound.
The cough Rush is usually attributed to excess solvent trapped in the xtal lattice. Most noticable is ether.
That is why you'll see recrystallization being preached so much around here.
Many impurities exist as well, depending on the synth route and each impart their own "Flavor/Buzz/Side-Effect".
JawClenching/TeethGrinding/MuscleCramping Dope is riddled with impurities but also will have that signature RUSH, which isn't ever synonymous with pure meth!
Pure Meth is a smoothe ride until you reach the higher doses, and then it's just real intense.
I've never heard of or witnessed a meth overdose causing instant death or locking up vital organs!
Coke can stop a heart.
Meth in very high doses will make a bee braindead before it causes organ flailure.
That is my assessment...don't take that to the bank...(or the grave! ;) )
While I'm sure it's a possibility, it takes much more than one would think or what many are told.

While niacin may be included in some streetbought gear...it would be more noticable than just a heat rush...
If there were alot of niacin, there would be a heavy skin and face flushing period followed by brief but intense itching IMHO at the flushing site.
Never IV'ed niacin but comsumed it orally in heavy doses.

And one more thing....alot of stereotyping surrounds IV'ing drugs. Provided the drug is in it's pure form, there is no cleaner route of adminstration. And Provided sanitary and sterile measures are practiced.
For those that IV any drug, they should research the term
"Harm Reduction" and learn the safety rules and proper practices. Never waiver from those guidelines, cause all it takes is one stupid mistake or over/undersight sacrificed to the "InstantGratification God" to make your life miserable.
Hospitals and qualified medical professionals wouldn't choose the IV/IM route of adminstration most often, if it weren't the safest/cleanest route of getting drugs into your ass!
Again....this is all my opinion and I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.
So take it with a large grain of sympathomimetic amine salt :P

tina_craig

I agree wareami
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »
swit_c only felt bad about firing the first time it was done and one other time when arm resembled swiss cheese.  Didn't even really like meth until fired.  Snorted it a few times prior and it always made throat sore.  Smoking, seemed like couldn't get enough and would sit and puff 6-8 hours and so wasteful, look how much just plumes into the air.

evilscripter69

SWIMS laughed so hard
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2004, 02:42:00 AM »
at these last few posts after his post. SO true been there done that. the 2 day sex thing.lol  shooting up over a gram and being seriously stuck on something, just hopefully it was a female, before coming across a box of wires or old closet, or who knows what, never got that paranoia thingy though.
Now hot feet. .   thats from cuts, want to cough T_C ??
 wash ur d with acetone and slam some when its 97% dried out, you will cough for sure.
Sorry for rambling i  still cant stop laughing, just brought back 100 memories relating to all your comments, or the latest bioassay was real good,
Glad there is still hair in my head though, had as notable experience with spontaneous ignition of a reaction gas from a balloon coming into contact with oxygen i think... :o

Jade

another forum
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2004, 04:51:00 AM »
I just posted something in the general discourse forum that ya'll might like 

Post 535804 (missing)

(Jade: "First time shooting up meth...", General Discourse)

(I'm afraid this thread is getting off of chemistry too much for this forum.)

Jacked

Biotechdude, Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeee.
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2004, 07:29:00 AM »
Biotechdude, Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeee. Hehehehehehe.
The cough is really your lungs spasming from a jolt and it appears as a reflex move like a cough or a no oxy breath.. It is not from cut as some of us elder bees can assure its cut came only from a razor blade..

evilscripter69

agree with you, jacked
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »
its not cut, but swim has done many kinds of meth over the years and believes its a response from your body trying to reject something it doesnt like, real clean  meth has never made me cough, but the stuff made from the nazi method in the 70's and 80's frequently did, that stuff usually had a strong odor, kind of ammonia like. Whenever meth with those odors were used it always brought a cough, just like SWIM has seen users cough  from his meth when it was gassed and washed with acetone, and they wouldnt wait for it to dry completely before injecting it.

Organikum

the charm of IV
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

And one more thing....alot of stereotyping surrounds IV'ing drugs. Provided the drug is in it's pure form, there is no cleaner route of adminstration

Thats obviously nonsense. A clean drug can be administrated in any way and stays a clean drug as long you dont cut it. Oral, anal, nasal, smoked whatever. What should make IV "cleaner" please? Oh my.
Drawbacks od IV are:
- its habitforming. The puking of the needle gets half the fun. Getting fun out of puking holes into ones body is a little bit perverted, isnt it?
- everybody can see you are a serious addict by looking at your veins.
- once started with IV it will be done sooner or later with everything, not only clean stuff but the lousiest street cut too. This isnt true if you have a solid lifitime-supply around of course. Have you?
- rarely somebody looks more stupid than a person trying to find a vein to get the needle in and not finding an accessible one, getting gradually more and more hysteric.

I know some ppl who do IV drugs for a long and who dont have hepatitis-B. But the very most of them have. The very most also have unaccessible veins and had serious infections because a human body is not made to be cut or needled every day.

Its a personal choice of course, but reading this practice is the most "clean" one makes me wanna puke.

tina_craig

swit_c thinks what was meant about clean is...
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »
swit_c thinks what was meant about clean is that it doesn't affect "extra" body parts, such as lungs, stomach or nasal cavities.  Just what the meth is going to affect anyway you take it.

Organikum

Actually I like to regard my veins very well...
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »
Actually I like to regard my veins very well as part of my body.

But as told before: Its a personal decision and I just dislike the way of justification. Say "it kicks like hell" and not "it´s clean" for a reason and its ok with me.

indole_amine

IV is for sure NOT the cleanest way to get high!!
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2004, 02:24:00 AM »

Organikum

More nonsense
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2004, 03:20:00 AM »
And the other sides nonsense. Wonderful.

The problem with IV is that one pukes holes with needles into the body, not the salt which is injected. SALT not ACID.
In the case of perfectly clean meth of course.
Mannitol is a good adulterant for use with injections.
Facing the fact that really clean meth is rare even when homecooked, it might be a good idea to have muscous membrene as filter between the crank and the blood. Thats what these membranes are made for. Avoids also the holes. Which muscous membrane doesnt really matter, lungs, nose, mouth or stomach. It is a SALT. Washing ones nose with saline solution is recommened when one has a cold, so what?

I have seen burned veins and destroyed noses and worse from cocain IV and snorted. I dont know why this is this way but its a fact. I have rarely seen somebody with nasal problems because of amphetamines and if this was to blame on cut. The simple fact that snorters have the illusion that "the more it burns, the more it turns" leads to cuts which give the user what he wants: A real bad burning sensation in the nose.

This is no religious crusade for or against a way of administration. Just trying to name the facts and the decision is left to oneself. I had several misconceptions about IV, smoking etc. myself in the past, to many myths are told over and over again.

wareami

Correction...
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »
Orgy and Indole:
While I respect you bees and your opinions/insight, my opinions are just that!
I don't advocate others ditching their preferred method of administration in favor of those for which I choose that suit my lifestyle.
Iam afterall, in this for the research and experience whereas others might fall victim to irresponsible use or abuse.
I cannot speak for that which I have not tried and I suggest others refrain from injecting their conjecture or opinion based on areas they haven't explored personally.
I may have erred in saying IV is the cleanest route. It's the most effective at delivering the drug and since the bloodstream is needed for this particular susbtance to distribute the desired effect, it makes sense that direct delivery bypasses the other areas susceptable to damage enroute.
I've never willfully converted non-IV users and in fact advise against it until others arm themselves with the facts regarding risk.
Meth is a habit forming, addictive substance.
That we all agree on....but IV use doesn't have to propel the user into the gutter and declare that user an outcast of society.
I hate the propaganda-ized stigma associated with IV use. It is those campaigns that keep clean syringes out of reach of those that will less healthy means of getting the drug into their systems.
That thinking creates health problems, not prevents them, for those that have exhausted "LESS RISKY...MORE DAMAGING" routes of administration.
Anyone wishing to experience the drug in it's full effect, need only introduce that substance directly to the bloodstream for the full impact!
So strike the "Cleanliness" factor!
Ibee still has veins thanx to observing the rules of safe IV use.
Neither advocating nor condemning IV use.
Ibee's been a pincushion for 24years and never once landed in the ER, except for that Ritalin Overdose 181/110 BP.
Never again will he ever IV methyphenidate! NEVER!
That was merely a poor choice of substances to use in that manner
You live you learn and you share your experience, strength, and hope if you share the concerns of others!
You dispel the myths when you can and you move on knowing you did your part.
Having the means to keep an endless supply of meth makes Ibee a walking example that IV meth use doesn't have to kill you or make you some sort of social leper.
There is a time and a place for anybee that parties!
Knowing and observing that as a rule is the epitome of responsible drug use.
If the people Ibee dealt with on a daily basis knew Ibee was an IV drug user, they'd turn away and keep on walking!
That speaks volumes about how well Ibee manages his drug use.
If I were to say Ibee didn't occasionly abuse his drug of choice he'd be lying!
But he faired far worse abusing alcohol for 30years str8!
Thank The Meth Godz that nightmare is over!
What doesn't kill Ibee makes him stronger, if not slightly more knowledgable!
Now if you'll excuse me...AWE the Kidz are rolling their eyes at "Ibee's Serious Side"!

indole_amine

salt yes - but complex, not ionic!
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

tina_craig

Agreeing with wareami
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »
IV use can be controlled.  Swit_c has been an IV user for 4 years and works in the civil engineering field designing roads, bridges & WWTP.  2 entirely different lifestyles somehow meshed together.  No way could this fact be shared with anyone and no one has ever even suspected.

Organikum

Indole_Amine, nice theories you have!
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

hypo

salts can be acids and bases too.
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »
strong acid + strong base -> neutral salt
(HCl + NaOH -> NaCl)

strong acid + weak base -> acidic salt
(HCl + meth -> meth.HCl)

weak acid + strong base -> alkaline salt
(acetic acid + NaOH -> sodium acetate)

actually pure meth _does_ hurt in the nose!
btw: NaOH is a salt too.

abominator

Re: How do your veins look like btw?
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

geezmeister

About the needle...
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2004, 11:44:00 AM »
There are times when I find myself in a distinct minority of users, and one of those times is when it comes to opinions on IV administration of meth.

I neither advocate nor condemn it. I indulge, on occasion. It is not my regular method of ingestion. I tend to be a smoker first, and will orally ingest if I have manual work to do and want to be up for heavy labor. I've done booty bumps and have found that to be an effective method of administration. I have no objection to IV administration, have a hygenic protocol, have never had a problem from IV meth injection, and tend to use this method when the main item on the agenda is sex.

I had a problem with IV cocaine. I liked the rush far too much. I liked the combined cocaine/heroin rush even more. I damaged some veins with cocaine, and even have some new veins that apparently replaced the more damaged ones. I've not done cocaine in nearly ten years. I have not had the experience of damaging veins with methamphetamine. I don't know if my technique is better, or the substance is just not as damaging when a vein is torn or missed. I tend to use veins in the arm, and have used the same veins in rotation for several years. I have veins I can't use, but those are veins damaged with cocaine use. While I am sure one could damage a vein with meth injections, in my experience there isn't the permanent scarring one finds with cocaine misses. Misses may lead to swelling which takes time to subside; swelling of or around a vein is an indication to use another vein in my estimation.

The incidence of IV use of meth is probably between five to seven percent of my total meth use at most. 

I do not find that this route of administration makes the drug addictive, and I do not have a fixation with registering or seeing blood in the syringe.  I have a preference for this route of administration in connection with specific activity, just as I have a preference for oral administration when I have heavy labor to do, and tend to prefer to smoke the drug at other times. Cocaine left me unable to snort the drug effectively.

Done properly, meth can be safely and effectively administered by the intravenous route. If you have a reason for doing meth that way, as I have, and you have learned the proper way to do it, IV administration should not, of itself, be avoided. By the same token, there is no particular reason for exclusive IV administration. Again, I am probably in the minority with this viewpoint.

wareami

Cheap Shots....
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »
I'm sure Orgy meant no harm...as he says...he's making fact available and I don't hold that against him in the least.
When it comes to preference...he has his and I have mine.
Trying to dissuade others from making wrong decisions for themselves is no crime...
But I like to hear from those that have first hand experience as well as the factslinging.
In reply to Org's question!
Ibee does cheapshots all week long and never once had to throw the rig down or resort to bootyshots or smoking :o  ;)
And as another bee points out...smoking is sooooooo wasteful!
Ibee can't snort anymore....not from cocaine use....but from the 4 years of steady meth inhalation leaving his sinuses tore UP!
And yes Ibee could ingest meth if he knew it wouldn't do to his stomach what it did to his nose!

tina_craig

Ibee's veins are fine...
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »
Blessed with large surface veins, can hit 4 particular each arm all the way from elbow to wrist.  So can party it in at least 20-30 times with no obvious marks, fast healer too I guess.  When trying insuffalation was left with a terribly sore throat, never tried swallowing, tried booty bump, but nothing beats the direct to the stream! :-[

Jacked

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »
They wont be large long.. Swim IV'd meth for quite a long time when he realized it was only getting worse on his tolerance and body.. Meth is a cardiovascular restrictor, It will shrink your pipes over time and scar tissue will be left were holes were poked.. Many users get the syringes for a single belly pop of insulin. That is the common rig used and they simply were not designed for hitting a tough vain. The tip of the little thin needle burrs over and when it is pulled from the vain tears it leaving a place to scar over larger than the little hole it popped in your skin.. A miss is capable of shutting down a vain completely. There are needles that are made for hitting a vain. They are thicker and have wider points than a rig made to hit the fatty part of the body. These rigs do not burr over and exit clean letting the hole collapse with no tears.. On the tolerance thing, Swim found out that injecting the shit required more dope in the long run than he was using before he started IVing. Swim was up to close to a 1/2 a gram hit at one point (no pun intended). Not only that but the places that he could hit became fewer and fewer. This is what causes tracks, the attempts taken at a vain can equal up to several hits and if it is with a insulin rig it is worse on the inside. Look at a brand new tip under a microscope then stick yourself once then look at it again.. You might not be able to feel it but you will damn sure see the tip distorted. He finally figured out that drinking it would turn out to be the method that allowed him to quit. A rig fixed up just like it was going to be used was in turn injected into a shot glass half filled with OJ, He would not chase it with a drink but only with a peace of gum, The OJ would not make its way to the stomach just coating the path down and it was absorbed into the body with enough speed to give a nice rush.. The euphoria after that was close to the same and eventually the amounts were decreased slowly winging Swim to another form of administration. Swim had to shut down his IV use and it was not easy, He still misses it a little every now and again but will not return to that form because of obvious reasons.. That my friends is not an opinion but an experience that he thought he would share to this post.. He says He can not argue for or against the methods one chooses to do and only can say its going to be different for each person as to the damage it will do over time..

To each his own, but remember, The ability to justify and over look some things when evaluating ones own use is always going to be predigest toward his own peace of mind and almost always seen more extreme from another's point of view..

wareami

Well..Well..Well...
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »
Since Jacked and his sage teachings were instrumental in seeing to it that Ibee got his wings, it seems FITting(pun intended) that Jacked would be the needed influence in helping Ibee usher in a new route of administration!
Never considered OrangeJuice as the vehicle to buffer the harshness!
Well...ya might say Ibee never tried to consider it and you wouldn't bee far off!
Learn something new everydaze!
Thanx Jacked!
Ibee says he'll give it a GO!
Just one thing....Ibee likes to immerse himself in all that he does...Can't he just swim in it like this? :P  8)  ;D

Now will have to give this new route of administration a name...Dontcha think???
How's bout

Okay Okay....not the best but if Ibee were still drinking it would be easier...
Ibeeware would just call it

Organikum

Thanks Jacked, you told what I wanted to say...
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »
Thanks Jacked, you told what I wanted to say but with much better words as I ever could.
Thanks Hypo, of course does pure meth burn in the nose but not so badly as kacain does. Your post explains why, cocain being a weaker base than meth resulting in a more acidic salt I guess.

tina_craig

Slurp, poke, squirt, cough-cough, ...
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »
Slurp, poke, squirt, cough-cough, ahhhhhhhhhhh.

jboogie

in my illustrious needle carreer, ive had...
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »
in my illustrious needle carreer, ive had never the "pleasure" of using a needle twice. that is not good practice and it is not sanitary. if you use common sense and follow the directions-mainly the one that says DO NOT REUSE THIS NEEDLE!- then you dont rip tear or do anything gross to your body, beside the injection of heroin,meth,and cocaine that is! ;D  even if they werent made for finding veins (i.e. the 29 gauge insulin syringes) they work flawlessly! i have not had any collapse or "subcutaneous hemaraging" or any of that shit in six years.

Jacked

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »
JB you would be the only one I know that has not had a problem in 6 years of IV'ing. Congratulations you lucky bastard... For the majority that will not be the case..

As far as someone dieing after shooting a gram of meth look at the old army testing of the shit. They injected solders with up to a gram of the shit without killing them.. As a mater of fact I don't think I have ever herd of any one ODing on meth and dieing as a result. I have seen meth related deaths but from the drug in excess itself I don't think so.

Jacked

Hot
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »
The salts will give heat but the heat described by JB is defiantly unreacted pseudo.. The same heat will be felt from injecting pseudo by itself followed by a long nap.. It puts u to sleep

spaceman1964

been dreamin
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2004, 02:07:00 AM »
swis has been dreaming, but has woke up long enough to say that in his 25yr experience, he has found that IV is best for being a lab test rat, and for having the best! sex.  as for legs, the route would be his famous coffee/dope/aspirin drink that has legs and legs forever. (however, i will try this OJ route and compare)>  nuff said (im dreamin your dream geez!)

Offline Necrogram

• Larvae
  • "Notice my hand never leaves my arm"
Re: The Cough.....
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2015, 05:27:59 PM »
A cough is due to the small capillaries bursting in the lungs.
very common with a birch or p2p synth. Many times if your method doubles volume in your syringe, you can pretty much count on getting a cough and going digital!
In the old days one would be looking forward to a good cough. It's almost like when you eat Wasabi and that vapor has to escape.

Offline Baba_McKensey

• Toad Quarantine
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2015, 10:40:29 PM »
I'm not Sam

Offline Necrogram

• Larvae
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2015, 03:50:26 AM »
Love it!

Offline Baba_McKensey

• Toad Quarantine
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:29 PM »
I'm not Sam

Offline Necrogram

• Larvae
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2015, 11:34:47 PM »
"Damn, he just ran Lakesha over"

Chuckin' their cellphones.

At that point they should have just drove to prison. LOL
Right in front of the whole Damn neighborhood!

Offline Baba_McKensey

• Toad Quarantine
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2015, 05:28:54 PM »
I'm not Sam

Offline ricky

• Pupae
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »
Swim has seen IV users cough hard after injecting a 1/4 gram of crystal that looked very good and clean and they would also experience extreme euphoria, what causes this and should the clean and pure gogo cause this?

A cold, perhaps? :V

Or possibly some dust in the air, or if it was cold where he was this could cause mass cells to de-granulate >.>