Author Topic: 246 trimethoxybenzaldhyde -gyrogearloose  (Read 2541 times)

dormouse

246 trimethoxybenzaldhyde -gyrogearloose
« on: April 24, 2000, 12:59:00 PM »

the Hive BB
  Novel Discourse
  246 trimethoxybenzaldhyde

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic 
Author  Topic:   246 trimethoxybenzaldhyde 
gyrogearloose
Member   posted 09-18-1999 11:19 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found 25 grams under backseat of bill clintons old thunderbird sitting on the carlot where the elves live in the tool shed.
Made it into a nitrostyrene with nitroethane and ammonium acetate. Brilliant orange stuff the color of halloween. Will reduce it with LAH tonight.....
gyro

gyrogearloose
Member   posted 09-21-1999 09:32 AM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello it seems the elves found treasure here in minute dose level. Fantastic stuff...

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 09-21-1999 11:34 AM          
What solvent did you use, and how did you add the nitrostyrene to the LAH solution? Shulgin uses his stange soxhlet apparatus for this synth...

Dextronautti
Junior Member   posted 09-21-1999 12:32 PM          
Yes, gyrogearloose, tell us about it! The full set needed for Shulgin's perverse synth (soxhlet, thimbles, condenser) costs some $$$ and I suppose is a bit tough to use and clean. Do elaborate a bit on each steap please!
(I suppose there is no way around that though given the low solubility of the nitrostyrene)

Aromaticity
unregistered   posted 09-21-1999 01:00 PM           
gyrogearloose,
Try nitromethane instead of nitroethane. That's what Native American racecar drivers use.

P.S.

Racecar is a palindrome.

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 09-21-1999 05:01 PM          
Aromaticity: 2,4,6-trimethoxyphenethylamine is not active as far as I know. Mescaline is 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine if that was what you were thinking of.

CHEM GUY
Member   posted 09-21-1999 09:32 PM          
I'm interested in this, What is the mechanics of this? What is the mechanism? Where can I learn more about this?
I looked on this rhodium site and couldn't find anything, I probably just over looked it.
Is the mechanism this?:

in the presence of (NH4)COCH3 @ ?C in methanol
2,4,6-(CH3O)-C6H5-C=O-H + CH3CH2NO3 -->
2,4,6-(CH3O)-C6H5-CH2-CH-NO2 + CO2 + H2

gyrogearloose
Member   posted 09-22-1999 06:11 AM          
I folowed the shulgin instructions, I got one addition via modified soxlet with thimble made from glassblowing friend. Just did the instructions like he said, booooom.
Thsi stuff is something else. Mega experience, all were changed during it, it seemed like we had to grow to accept the experience. I cannot put into words.
gyro

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 09-22-1999 08:30 AM          
Chem guy: Look in a organic chem text on "knoevenagel condensation" or "henry reaction".
Actually, when using nitroethane, the product is a 1-phenyl-2-nitropropene.

Benzaldehyde + Nitroethane => phenylnitropropene + water

All times are CT (US)
 next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
    Hop to: Select a Forum or ArchiveList of Forums:General DiscussionAcquisition DiscourseChemistry DiscourseMethods DiscourseNovel DiscourseCrystal MethSerious Chemistry ForumThe Hive CouchSerious Tryptamine DiscourseAdmin Chill-out TentList of Archives:Couch ArchivesClassics!Law and OrderThe litter box.misc. PEAs  

Contact Us | the Hive