Author Topic: GAK?  (Read 3559 times)

Chewbacca

GAK?
« on: September 01, 2003, 01:02:00 AM »
SWIC finished a 1.5gm reaction a few weeks ago, and after adding plenty (too much) D-H20, he split the crystal clear water into 2 portions, so that if he messed the first one up, he would still have some to tinker with and retrieve some goods. Well the first one was A/Bd with naptha and recovered almost nothing from hours of work. From no fault of his own he believes. There was some there, but not worth the effort so far.

Now SWIC has turned to the second crop, and the most crazy thing has happened. He began by washing the crystal clear yellow water extract with turps 100%. SWIC noticed that as soon as he began to shake, the turps turned a strange red colour. Also, and this is what is really perplexing SWIC, a strange white oil precipitated upon shaking. that formed a layer b/w the turps (top) and water (bottom) and seemed now insoluble in both... SWIC drained the yellow water layer away in his sep funnel, and gave the red turps layer a shake. The milky white oil fell to the bottom, and SWIC has saved about 3ml of the oil in a measuring cylinder, which also has about 1ml of red turps and 3ml of yellow water. SWIC has also noticed that after about 5 washes of the yellow water with turps, that aside from there being seemingly endless amounts of this milky oil, the previously clear yellow water layer is now cloudy. Is SWIC just removing some wierd sort of gakk do you think? SWIC was hoping that this might bee freebase meth, but that seems impossibe.

SHORTY

Sounds like gaak to me..
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 03:17:00 AM »
My meth freebase is usually clear like water or sometimes it has a hint of yellow.

Chewbacca

Indeed
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 02:16:00 AM »
It was indeed a gak. SWIC has discovered more about it. The pseudoephedrine in SWICs reaction came from ozzy SUDAFODS 60mg, and the gak reacts when it comes into contact with NP solvents. it makes A/Bing a total bitch, as i said, it forms a layer b/w the aqueous and organic phase, and makes trasnfer of any pseudoephedrine/meth into a NP basically impossible, which is why SWIC recieved such low yields on his post reaction A/B. SWIC has washed his yellow water layer perhaps 10 times now, and there seems little or no reduction in the amount of the gak precipitated each time. This seems to be a trend in australian products which are commonly used to make meth. SWIC recently purchased toluene, "PEEMYMUM SOUP-EAR SOLVENT" and a similar gak in the toluene itself was observed.

My proposed solution now is to base the honey as per usual, then steam distill out the meth fb. HCl will bee added to the resulting layer of water and meth FB to dissolve the fb and then evap for goods. no contact with non-polar, so it should bee fine.

so take note, all ozbees using SUDAFOD 60mg. you must steam distill in your post reaction A/B, if you desire a 1/2 decent amt of final product.

ps- sorry if im shittin on, im high :)

SHORTY

I steam distill
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »
I base and steam distill the freebase meth and then drain the water leaving the freebase in the sep.  I then add toluene and dh20 and shake, then i add salt and then wash  several times with dh20 until both the np and the dh20 are clear. I then add a bit more dh20 and hcl and evap for really clean meth. 

But if your toluene has additives in it then i guess you don't have a choice. 

I have never done it without the np.  Does it produce clean meth?