Author Topic: pill extraction (a problem?)  (Read 3144 times)

Ganzas2003

pill extraction (a problem?)
« on: November 01, 2003, 03:00:00 AM »
hey swim just bought some 60 mg pfed HCL x 2.5 tripolidine. he doesnt have any specific glassware (still waiting...maybe next week) but he decided to go through anyway. Pills are A****ed (60 mg Pfed, 2.5 mg Tripo. and Lactose, "amido", "povidona", "esterato de magnesio". Box has 20 pills and costs 1.43€). Yellow box. White pills. he reads and reads and decided to give a try on what he has here...so 4 boxs of pills are crushed. (4 x 1.2 g per box =4.8 gr pfed). After crushed he adds Acetone. stir and let settle. Decant acetone with a filter. Dryed remains back to glass pot. Now he decided to add some turpentine coz he thought this might be what bees here call "mineral spirits" but after google search, he found that this turpentine he has (ÁGUARRAS its the name here where he lives), CAS Nº8006-64-2, is not mineral spirits....well CAS is diferent. He panic...relaxed and back to the hive to read...he got lost whith so many diferent shit he reads...ok...acetone again...this time he boiled it...under water bath in open flames (HES STUPID!!!...nothing bad had happened, thanks lord!)...let settle...decanted...then he thought...well lets give water a try...so he throw ICE COLD water to the pot....stir...and with a funnel and coffe filter he filtered...water was cloudy...more water to dillute more shit...water wasnt so cloudy...third water addition....water is defenetely not clouded anymore...discarded filtered...water was then placed in stainess still plate above heater. After one full night he goes back and he watched closely...its seems like glue...white glue...oily sticky white glue...is this good???  ::)  (he's waiting to listen all kinds of shit about how lazy he is but please no UTFSE...not today...thanks)

halfkast

you are lazy, yes. firstly what you need to do
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 03:30:00 AM »
you are lazy, yes.

firstly what you need to do is transfer all that mess to a container where you can do some further washes.

mineral turps isn't going to do any harm in most cases, it's just that it's a trully hopeless solvent. placebo discovered that it removes providone, which I'm sure was significant back then, but it doesn't to much else, and many of the solvents used today deal with providone along with many other things, so turpentine is usually ommitted now. But the name lives on!

You aren't gonna get what you have clean by using just turps and acetone, if thats all youve got.

Ganzas2003

swim says hi again back from the shop right...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 03:35:00 AM »
swim says hi again

back from the shop right now he bought another bottle of "aguarras"...but cas is diferent...after searching google he saw this: MINERAL SPIRITS: MEDIUM ALIPHATIC CAS# 64742-88-7 but he also saw this: SOLVENT NAPHTHA MEDIUM ALIPHATIC ...is this the "turps" everybody keeps talking in the full turps extration???
another question is about the iodine...swim had 5 30 ml iodine tincture laying around...so he decided to make some iodine...from 1.5g iodine, 3g KI possible he got 3 grams of iodine. He cleaned iodine with lots of distiled water...he rolls filter and more filters...after 2 days this damn this keeps "staining?" all i put around...today he decided to give a look at iodine...jesus!!!this is burning all!!!paper seems burned...i guess its not stains...its burning...is this natural??hes such a fuckin crazy!!!ahahaha

Ganzas2003

swim list
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 03:43:00 AM »
thanks man!(yes im fuckin lazy)
well he has:

white spirit
turpentine
ethanol 96
a mix which contains tolueno & o-xileno
a mix which contains naphta & medium alifatic
methanol

no glassware yet.
only some glass/plastic cups.

he has NaOH, CaCl, HCL 35% and H2SO4 98%

halfkast

your a bloody lunatic in fact.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 04:12:00 AM »
your a bloody lunatic in fact.  8)

a mix which contains tolueno & o-xileno
Now this is a very nice solvent.

swig2k3s next steps
1. transfer the shit in the saucpan to a beaker/glass/jar/HDPE container using ethanol, methylated spirits

2. add some of that tolueno/xyleno after the al;cohol has evaporated (Important!!!), and let it soak for 1hr, then boil it, and pour out leaving any solids behind.

3. tell me what happens after the first two steps.  :)

You need to bee more security concious okay?
iodine is nasty stuff, get as little on the skin as possible, but honestly just PM or else your gonna get in trouble.

Ganzas2003

boiling...
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 04:46:00 AM »
is it really necessary to boil the tolueno/xyleno???hmmm...boiling point 110 i think...no water bath...smelling trouble here coz no hotplate around...oil bath then i guess...lets see if i can get a hotplate today. going to be hard since its national holiday and tomorrow is sunday...(i really want to use the fukin scary iodine...i dont want it around here)

thx again

halfkast

oh fuck, no definetly don't boil with a flame!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 05:04:00 AM »
oh fuck, no definetly don't boil with a flame!  ;D

I take it swig doesn't have a microwave either, is that right?

Okay take any solvents well away from the kitchen and bring a saucepan of oil up to about 150C.
When it's there prepare another saucepan of hot water...and pour out some of the 150C oil in to ANOTHER saucepan.
Basically you want to avoid breaking the glass containing the things, by dipping in firstly in the hot water...then some hot oil about 100C.

Then in to the stuff you heated up to 150, which should bee at around 130-150.

Solvents and the open flame is a no go, make sure you turn the shit off.  :)

Ganzas2003

hmmm
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 07:26:00 AM »
well...swig started doin something before he read your post man...

from the gucky shit left after water evaporating, he dissolve it in methanol and put in freeze like the "old" nano curb...filtered methanol...put in plate to evap above heater...lots of gucky behind...then he come here and read about the xylene/toluone mix...well he diluted the gucky in xyl/tol mix...let it sit 1/2 hour and put in microwave ;) ...boiled it...eheh its now evaping too...the methanol part is almost evaped...he's scraping some dry parts...it looks shiny...is this good???eheheheh

Ganzas2003

more...
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 04:33:00 AM »
ok...so after the final toluene wash (decanted toluene then put in several dishes to evap) what should he do next???
its almost dry in the dishes...should he put acetone now to rinse this almost dry np/pfed??sorry about stupid questions :-[

halfkast

I shall now refer to he as Gonzo
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 04:57:00 AM »
hehe yeah fucken oath it's good tell Gonzo!

Let me get this clear first...you weren't evapping the load of toluene to get pfed right?
just all the solids, including shiney parts that were left under the toluene after the mentanol had evaporated, Right? (after decanting the xylene/toluene)

It depends, if the remaining gak is soluble in acetone.

Do this. Add a little bit more of that xylene/toluene, and decant that carefully. (boil that toluene/xylene first)

Try both boiling acetone first on it, or boiling xylene/toluene. whichever order you like..if it's oilly sticky/won't dry, I'd do the xylene/toluene first.

:)

Ganzas2003

Reaction was performed
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »
Swig broke almost all rules but since this is he's first time he rather make all kinds of mistakes now then later...So if u remember he started with 4.8 g of pseudo (theor. from 80 pills of 60 mg Pfed/2.5 mg tripolidine)
big mess...then master halfkast cleared he's mind...he thanks him greatly. he's still washing some of that pfed...but he did one pull with methanol and recovered 1 gr of white cristals (he's still scraping pfed from other dishes). So he decided to make the reaction. NO CLEAR TRANSPARENT BOTTLE around!!!! shit it's midnight...well fuck it!he's using the dark green available. Used 1 gr Pfed, around 2.8 gr Iodine and 2 gr RPhos. He followed the Curbs nano using water bath...well water ended at the 55 minutes mark...ahahah...He used Turpentine as nonpolar for the second part. he only pulled once in the final part with the 20 ml of dH2O/HCL...next morning the smell of turpentine was dense and the cristal had a brown color (I will not use this "turp" have here for this)...well some parts it was dificult to scrape...he goes to work...he thinks..."well when i arrive at home i will pull another time from the reaction vessel"...which by luck was still there and caped...so he went for it as soon as he arrives home. performed all again. when extracting with water/HCL and put on plate, still the strong turpentine odor...shit he says... but this time at the very end of evaping stage  he added a little acetone and with panning movement he let some clear parts without no turp on top...yelded much more clear cristals...still yellow...combined the two micro batches and put on evap dish again...cover with acetone...yielded 1/4 gr of not very white shit...well SWIG is actually "speeding now"...he put the amount size of a match in a line of 2 milimeters...put on aluminium foil and with lighter from below he smoked all...YYYIUUUUUUUUUUUUUiiiiiii...well not that much but considering this is his first time he's quite impressed and even happy with it. Thx to all bees who made this possible and specialy to halfkast for those Right On Time PM!!!!

thx

ahhh...and sorry about my poor english