Author Topic: God... I Fucked Up the pH... Help...  (Read 2750 times)

E_Emperor

God... I Fucked Up the pH... Help...
« on: October 11, 2003, 04:00:00 PM »

callen

Hello...I'm not one of the 'The Big Heads".
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 08:53:00 PM »

chameyotch

Couldn't you also..
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 12:35:00 AM »
..use battery acid?

E_Emperor

Thanks Heaps callen & your friend A.L.F. Cool
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 06:21:00 AM »
Awesome!  :)  Thanks callen, and an extended thank you to your friend A.L.F for your much valued, detailed and very helpful post. I thought all might have been lost   :(   but like Superman, You & A.L.F saved the day, and certainly brightened it up.

"Re: my pH level of pH12 after the rxn" Was at least pH14 You were right!-Sorry I don't know what I was thinking when I said it was pH12 - (I was still in the state of panic/worry that I had lost my entire yield).

And yes it was a toluene pull for the E extraction, (onto it). It was nice clean E  I used in the rxn. Everything was going to plan till I hit the pH level process before the final evap.

In answer to your question callen whether I lived in Aussie, You were close, I live just under… NZ.

Cheers for the Plumbing Store source “I need to get that dam toilet sorted and finish off my bathroom”.   ;)   Unfortunately thou, I don't think "Ace has a Place" (pun) here in NZ. But I'm sure I will find a similar store.

;D   I am now going to print off your post and make like a Bee & fly to my hive and save my honey.  :P  Cheers

Incase anyone’s wondering...  ::)  Before I posted my question. I did UTFSE but I could only find postings that were sort of similar to my ordeal, but nothing that seemed to match my exact Fuck up!  ::)  and being a Newbee I needed a remedy that was more directly related. And I got it!  :)  (cool)

“Learn from our mistakes”. It’s what we base all our successes against. Otherwise we would never know Right from Wrong, If  Wrong didn’t exist! and vise versa

And no doubt I’ll have more fuck ups yet to come in the future(unfortunately) As long as I progress and mistakes decline, I'll be happy (the learning curve) But once again Thanks.  ;D

Vitus_Verdegast

I can't believe nobody kicked this morons butt yet
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 06:32:00 AM »
.Evaporate off all the dH20...ALL OF IT. Deposit the RP, etc. into a Pyrex bowl. Cover the RXN solids with CONCENTRATED SULFURIC ACID!!! WARNING...DO NOT ADD CONC. SULFURIC ACID to H2O!!!... acid to water is very exothermic. It would splatter acid all over the place, bubbling and troubleing you

WTF?? Are you telling him to pour concentrated sulfuric acid on his meth???? Are you insane? It will make a complete mess and ruin all product.
Isn't is obvious that a dilute acid solution should be added?? eg. 10 or 15% H2SO4 ??????

And, for second, always pour sulfuric acid in water to dilute. Yes it is exothermic, which is *normal*. Just mix it slowly with good stirring.
Never ever pour water in sulfuric acid. Shit this stuff is so basic.

Now filter out the solids through 3-coffee filters.Wash the solids a number of times with dH2O. With heat if you can.

Here you state that this concentrated H2SO4 should be filtered through coffee filters??? I'd like to see you do that.

E_Emperor

Thanks for Clearing that up Vitus
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »
Thanks Heaps for making the amendment.  :)  Cheers,

I had wondered when I read just that part of pouring the Concentrated Sulfuric Acid straight on top. I only noticed that bit seamed incorrect,  ::)  because I had always been told to dilute & disolve all Acids before adding it to any process. "like you just said with the sodium"

Thank you for clearing that up  ;D  as I was wondering if it was correct. Thanks for your much valued input and help Vitus.

SHORTY

I hope you saw that rating in time!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 09:04:00 AM »
All you need to do the next time you over acidify is evap as usual and then wash the meth with dry acetone until the acid smell/taste is gone.  Usually takes 2 times if you crush all the chunks while its in the acetone.  It is not uncommon for even the most experienced meth cooks to over acidify.  After hitting 7 it only takes a couple more drops to bring it all the way down to 1.  Never add more base to bring the ph back up just wash the final product with dry acetone.

E_Emperor

Yip, Got that post in time..
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »
Another thanks to you Shorty, that sounds awesome (nice and easy work round). Cheers Man. Cool  ;D

WizardX

Basic Chemistry
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 06:56:00 PM »
I think you should purchase a basic chemistry book and do some reading first. Buy some univeral pH paper, and do some basic pH experiments.

Gobbergreen

looks to me like your taking the long way to...
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 05:39:00 AM »
looks to me like your taking the long way to wiggerville,i also got lost at the same set of crossroads,on the map the route we chose looked simple, ::) well it's not,there are not many signs and a lot of hills & curves,if you take a good look at the map & do some reserch the road to wiggerville is much easier than it looks :o and with a little luck it might be snowing when you get there :)