Author Topic: 2-Ethylamino-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)propane is?  (Read 1863 times)

xbnmx

2-Ethylamino-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)propane is?
« on: June 20, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »
Is anyone familiar with 2-Ethylamino-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)propane?  What is the shortened name?  Does it occur in nature?  I am refering to the hydrochloride version...

psyloxy

Post 510751 Post 489955 >Does it occur in...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

Post 510751 (missing)

(Barium: "The "talk" you mention has only...", General Discourse)

Post 489955 (missing)

(Bwiti: ""I would guess a shit chemical not worth...", General Discourse)

>Does it occur in nature? 
very unlikely (but then again meth does occur in nature)

--psyloxy--

Chimitant

No fun
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

BTW not amino but amine

Edit: Point taken Rhodium, 2-Methylamino-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)propane is indeed correct. Next time I will think twice before posting  ;)

fogged

Chimitant, that's not the molecule that xbnmx...
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »
Chimitant, that's not the molecule that xbnmx asked about.  You've given PMA (2-Methylamino-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)propane).  He wants the Ethylamine analogue of this, which would have an ethyl group (CH2CH3) on the nitrogen, rather than a methyl.

And the naming it as "2-ethylamino" is correct, although other ways of naming it are possible (for example, 1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-N-ethyl-isopropylamine, which would use the "amine" as you suggest).  Also, PMA can, as I understand it, be some fun (in some people's opinions, anyway), but when its sold and taken as if it were MDMA it leads to serious problems.

Edit: I, too, hang my head in shame for missing out on an M... twice!  Remind me to be awake when I post...

Rhodium

PMMA
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 04:26:00 AM »
The pictured substance is not PMA, but rather PMMA. The systematic name 2-Methylamino-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)propane is correct though.