Author Topic: 2,4,5-chemistry -Sonson  (Read 1963 times)

dormouse

2,4,5-chemistry -Sonson
« on: April 22, 2000, 12:47:00 AM »

the Hive BB
  Novel Discourse
  2,4,5-chemistry

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic 
Author  Topic:   2,4,5-chemistry 
Sonson
Junior Member   posted 09-15-98 01:47 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did some lit. search yesterday...
1-(2 bromopropyl)-2,4,5-trimethoxybenzene can (against all odds) be prepared by passing a stream of HBr (from tetralin and Br2??) through a dry CHCl3 solution of asarone. Yield is over 95% or over. (Indian J. Chem. Sect. B 25; pp368-372 -86)

The 2,4,5 trimethoxybensaldehyde could be prepared oxidation with sodiumdichromate in HOAc/benzene of asarone. No yield given.
(Indian J. Chem vol 25B pp981-2 -86)

Enjoy!

Rhenium
Member   posted 09-16-98 06:50 AM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sonson,
I has a quick look at those papers today. With regards to the paper where you proceed from asarone, I personally think that the starting material would be of more benefit. 1,2-dimethoxy, 3,4-dimethyleneoxy propenyl benzene would possibly be the mother of all psychoactive materials. Just hit that double bond a bit of Me-NH2 to get your amphetamine and away you go.
Can't recall to much about the other paper, but will get photocopies soon.
Very interesting reading indeed, they refer to the asarone as "an unwanted by-product" !!!! Where's the next plane to India, I want some!!!

Take care,

Rhenium

Rhenium
Member   posted 09-16-98 11:58 AM          
Sonson,
Whoops, there I go shooting my mouth off again *blush*. I mistook the wrong compound in my last post, wish I had had a photocopy then. #6 is asarone, not # 1 which is dillapiole. Still, this is a very interesting paper.
Any idea on sources of the precursors? Says in the paper "waste products"... I can't believe they called dillapiole a waste product... *shakes head*
Thanks for the refs.

Take care,

Rhenium

Sonson
Junior Member   posted 09-16-98 04:28 PM          
Hehe...I see now that it's the "wrong" isomer of asarone that was used! They used the gamma isomer...allyl that is. The easy obtained form of asarone is propenyl, so it wasn't as versatile as I thought it would be!
/Sonson

All times are CT (US)
 next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
    Hop to: Select a Forum or ArchiveList of Forums:General DiscussionAcquisition DiscourseChemistry DiscourseMethods DiscourseNovel DiscourseCrystal MethSerious Chemistry ForumThe Hive CouchSerious Tryptamine DiscourseAdmin Chill-out TentList of Archives:Couch ArchivesClassics!Law and OrderThe litter box.misc. PEAs  

Contact Us | the Hive