Author Topic: MDA from Coffee -Wizard X  (Read 2710 times)

dormouse

MDA from Coffee -Wizard X
« on: April 19, 2000, 02:37:00 PM »
Author  Topic:   MDA from Coffee 
Wizard X
Moderator   posted 11-27-98 09:58 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" RESISTANCE IS FUTILE - MDA FROM COFFEE "
I was looking in my spell book and remembered a dream I had sometime ago. MDA from coffee.
Caffeic acid ( 3,4 - dihydroxycinnamic acid ) from green coffee (unroasted ) contains about 6% total Caffeic acid and Chlorogenic acid ( hydrolysis of chlorogenic acid gives caffeic acid ). It is also found in roasted coffee. Isolation from green coffee beans , J. Agr. Food. Chem Vol 8 , pg 58 (1960) & roasted coffee , Arch. Pharm. Vol 293 , pg 721 (1960).
One kilo of ground coffee beans yields approx 50 - 55 grams of caffeic acid . Both caffeic acid and caffeine are freely soluble in boiling water. Also methyamine has been seriously dreamed from caffeine , that for another time.
METHYLENE DIOXYCINNAMIC ACID METHYL ESTER - MDCAME

[ 1 ] Generate the Caffeic acid Methyl Ester as this stops the coupling together of the caffeic acids with I-CH2-I at the -COOH
[ 2 ] Generate the methylene dioxy on the 3,4 - dihydroxy with I-CH2-I and K2CO3 as in Pihkal.

MDA SYNTHESIS

From MDCAME via Piperonal & Nitroethane - 4 steps. Directly from MDCAME - 5 steps.

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 11-28-98 01:40 AM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How would you suggest to go further from MDCAME?

Wizard X
Moderator   posted 11-29-98 08:13 PM          
Directly from MDCAME - 5 steps.
Ph = methylenedioxy phenyl
Step 1 & 2 Make the nitro propenyl methyl ester
MDCAME + NO - NO2 ===>> (1) nitrosite
(1) + EtOH + NaOH ==>> ( 2 ) nitro propenyl methyl ester

Step 3 , Reduction of the nitropropenyl to an amino , ( -CH2- NH2 ) and the methyl ester to an hydroxy ( -OH )
Ph-CH2-CH(NH2)-CH2OH

Step 4 , Reaction with Tosyl chloride ( Tolulene-p-sulphonyl chloride ) on the OH & NH2
This forms the sulphonate ester and the sulphonate amide.

Step 5 , Reduction of the sulphonate ester and the sulphonate amide to give MDA