Author Topic: DIY Medical Tools to fight the Pandemic  (Read 1665 times)

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Re: DIY Medical Tools to fight the Pandemic
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 06:39:13 PM »
Its just the flu, hyped up to an unbelievable extent.
I stopped using the TV completely and now it seems just like a mass hysteria whenever I go out.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline Baba_McKensey

• Toad Quarantine
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 10:35:32 PM »
The experiments described below were designed to determine the effect of QR448(a) obtained from Quigley Pharma, Inc. a subsidiary of the Quigley Corporation (Doylestown, PA), on IBV in vitro and in vivo. QR448(a) is a synergistic blend of botanical oleoresins and essential oils in a liquid emulsion of pharmaceutical grade excipients. The exact composition of QR448(a) is available from Quigley Pharma, Inc.
https://od.lk/s/OV8xNzE3NDc2Njhf/jackwood2010.pdf

A number of the herbs listed here has antiviral properties:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricola
I'm not Sam

Offline uchiacon

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 07:24:55 PM »
Get a 3M 7500 series or other half face mask with a P100 filter. 99.97% filtration down to 0.1um.
Furthermore, aerosols will be water based, spherical and are easier to capture with a P100 than the particles it is rated for.

Clear glasses or goggles if you want.

However, any mask is better than no mask, remember that. T shirt, cloth masks etc.

Hydroxychloroquinone and zinc seem to be effective in early stages of the virus but not effective at a certain stage. Research is underway.
There's been a lot of naysayers with little evidence to back up their theories in regards to this drug treatment. However, we are still waiting on further studies.

Viral inoculation is a large factor in the severity of most diseases. Fit and young? If you get a lung full from an infected coughing individual, you will probably be hit hard too. This is true for all viruses and other pathogens, dosage determines severity too. If you're going to catch it, get the smallest dosage possible.

We still do not know enough about the virus to say that younger people are safe from serious complications. Assume it will hit you as hard as the 40+ bracket.

There are studies coming out now indicating a very low antibody count in survivors. We also have multiple strains circulating now. It may hit you repeatedly.

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 09:27:17 PM »
There are studies coming out now indicating a very low antibody count in survivors. We also have multiple strains circulating now. It may hit you repeatedly.
A certain small town was hit very hard here, there were around 1500 people who were tested positive, and 44 elderly people with preexisting conditions have died.
I can't find numbers regarding how many are regarded as cured though, but since the location in question was already quarantined more than two weeks ago, we can safely assume that the large majority of the infected people are over with the infection and healthy again.
Also, very likely that at least 5-10 times as much people were infected and got not tested, and obviously no deaths occured in this group or even a symptomatic that resulted in them to get a test.
Now, among the ones who are counted as cured, 15% have developed an immunity against it, also no reinfections were reported at all.
Not even a single case of people who had it and then got infected again in the whole country here, with a five digit number of people tested positive for this.
This is likely something that depends on ethnic background, I assume this is rather something that occurs in asians(at least for them), since we already know that they are more likely to get it and then tend to experience a more serious and more often life-threating or even deadly course of the illness(something to do with them having several fold as much ACE-2 receptors as do we).
As far as I know, this phenomenon was reported only from asia thus I assume a correlation here.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information

Offline maker

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 11:27:52 PM »
I need to note that my brothers wifes brother just died and he had this virus. Did this cause his death. I do not know but he was alive before contracting it.

Offline Snowman78

• Larvae
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 11:41:34 PM »
I would think most drugs eg amphetamine meth mdma would work well to kill virus as they raise bodies core temperature and help burn the virus. I know when I get the flu I just get a heap of pseudo tabs and ping for 3 days and I'm good after that.

Offline Dyinglight

• Subordinate Wasp
  • Those who dont sleep confuse reality with dreams
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2020, 12:54:22 AM »
I posted a document earlier in this thread on regards to meth and influenza...

so far only human losses around me is my partners auntie who death is not directly caused by the virus but having the virus means they have to die alone and no chance of survival in pretty sure we contracted it my throat in the middle of the night about a week ago was so itchy I wanted to put a toothbrush down it and scratch it, but are fine now...
I wonder what gave the human brain a battery?

Because at the end of the day it doesn't matter
What we have in our closet...

All our skeletons have the same anatomy...

-THE POET-

Offline chemsail

• Pupae
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2020, 12:53:41 PM »
I would think most drugs eg amphetamine meth mdma would work well to kill virus as they raise bodies core temperature and help burn the virus. I know when I get the flu I just get a heap of pseudo tabs and ping for 3 days and I'm good after that.
I know that when you have a runny nose a bit of speed clears it right up, but that might be due to something else :P

Offline German

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2020, 04:56:31 AM »
Far more people will die from this economic collapse then ever would from covid-19.

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 10:30:40 PM »
Far more people will die from this economic collapse then ever would from covid-19.
But still, way too many people repeat the idiotic mantra "lives before the economy", while not understanding that the economy IS our lives
Who are we saving with the lockdown? People who are in average at the age of 80.
In earlier times we had the mantra "woman and children first", now it is the most vulnerable and, sad to say but its true, the part of the general population who is contributing absolutely nothing?
Don't get me wrong, I too have a gram I valued most, but should we really sacrifice the economy to save this part of the general population, which in turn will cost a manifold of the lives of people who are most contributing and valuable to the economy?
Whose malicious thinking has brought this plan into order? I know, but do you too?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:34:18 PM by carl »