Author Topic: hoja santa oil  (Read 1376 times)

covalent_bond

hoja santa oil
« on: April 13, 2003, 02:47:00 AM »
I saw somw hoja santa oil in a store today, does anybody know if it is distilled from the leaves, or wood. I coulnd't find any info on the bottle, and the sites that sell it dont have detalied info on it. TFSE here doesnt have alot on it, I would gladly pay extra $$$ for safety. I have sent an email to a oil co about this, just wondering if anybee has experience with said oil.

Vitus_Verdegast

from an online supplier:
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 04:16:00 AM »

Hoja Santa (Root Beer, Texas USA)
Botanical Name: Piper auritum
Plant Part: root
Growing Method: Conventional agriculture (100% pure and natural essential oils)
Processing Method: S/D -Steam Distillation

It's root-oil. Can't seem to find any info on the composition of this, maybe you should buy a small amount, and distill it or run a TLC and compare this with a pure sample of safrole. Check the smell of it first.

covalent_bond

damm
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 08:27:00 AM »
It has to be the leaf oil I believe. Thanks for the help, I must have looked for two hours last night, I must have been looking so hard that I didnt notice the answer.

pickler

Swim looked into that oil a long time ago.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »
Swim looked into that oil a long time ago. It's quite expensive(~240.00 for 4oz). Pretty expensive. There should be something in the search engine about it.

Vitus_Verdegast

you can get it cheaper
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »
You can get 4oz for about $100, root oil, that is.

But that is still expensive to me, especially when compared with sassy and camphor prices..

covalent_bond

If it were an option
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »
If in fact it were an option, I woould gladly pay that so as not to get a target painted on my ass for ordering sassy. I have an aversion to risking a conversation with the DEA.