Author Topic: mystery glassware  (Read 1121 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
mystery glassware
« on: June 19, 2003, 08:14:00 PM »
swim finds himself in possession of a zippy looking piece of glassware he can't seem to find any info on.he heard it's a piece of distillation glassware;it's got 2 teflon valves & is marked "corning 7235"...anyone?...anyone?...anyone?...


  • Guest
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 08:31:00 PM »
post a picture of it or find a picture of it online in a glassware shop.


  • Guest
camera shy
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 10:28:00 PM »
swim's looked everywhere & then some,and doesn't own digi-camera...


  • Guest
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 12:46:00 AM »
Draw a  picture


  • Guest
or hell
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »
give a more detailed description...

Are there ground joints? If so, that will aid in the orientation of the piece. The male joint USUally points down (no pun intended) the female joint vaugely orients north, (up) drip tips also point down. Orientation is based on the intention of use BTW. NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, in this position, what is the general shape? is it a letter "Y" aka looks like "y" or an upside down "h" is there a slender "eyedropper" inside of a bulb? Where are these "teflon valves" incorperated? Are they valves or stopcocks, or diverter knobs? How many openings? Is it a flask of some kind? :-[


  • Guest
A Link to the Larger Mystery Glassware Thread
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 12:24:00 PM »
Is your mystery glassware anything like this thing here?

Post 374962 (missing)

(ChemoSabe: "My Strangest Peice", The Couch)

It does sound sort of similar.

But yes, a picture of it would be bitchin'


  • Guest
not so much...
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2003, 12:32:00 PM »
nope,but thanks...swih will get a more detailed descrip & post again!