Author Topic: table of azeotropes???  (Read 3102 times)

metalgirl

table of azeotropes???
« on: September 26, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »
I have been searching for a comprehensive table of azetropes but can only find tables dealing with specific or limited lists of chems....and none of the ones I want
       I need info on dcm/tce plus dcm/methanol.plus each of those chems in relation to h2o....then throw in toluene, xylene, naphtha, etc.   
       Tertiary azeotropes of said chems would be good as well.....are there quaternary azeotropes or is that just silly.....anyway, have fun

java

Azeotropes Tables........
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »
If you go to the chemistry forum and download the e-book called Lang's Handbook of Chemistry

Post 532535

(java: "e-book: Lange's Handbook of Chemistry", Chemistry Discourse)
. and you go to section 5.58---and there after , you will find what you need ............java

moo

Azeotrope data is experimental data, it ...
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »
Azeotrope data is experimental data, it doesn't come for free. There are azeotrope table books but even they might have some azeotropes without information like composition (toluene/water/ethanol for an actual example) or boiling point. Imagine what amount of work would it be to actually measure the parameters of all possible ternary, or even quaternary, systems of say 30 solvents, even if only some of them were azeotropic.

metalgirl

ta
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »
Thanks java...and moo, I was thinking it is compareable to trying to calculate motion of 3 bodies in a gravitational field...any more than two bodies and the math is fucked up, as in very difficult. We have similar problems at my work trying to find one band that we all like to listen to.
   here come the moderators with the insignificant stamp....i'm going back to the couch!