Author Topic: mixing different types/brands definately a no-no..  (Read 2437 times)

AEROSTATIC3

mixing different types/brands definately a no-no..
« on: October 04, 2004, 10:16:00 PM »
Real quick, in elaboration of Wareami's reply to a previous post.... no mixing of different types/formulations of otc pills should be attempted!..  I don't post much (only when def. needed) but this I can say with confidence:  Be homogenous with your formulations and apply the best extraction method available thru reading in the 'literature'.  SWIA has done a lot of experimenting, and let's just say this is one thing she would post with utmost surety.  Later beez and newbiez...  AERO

geezmeister

more than ever
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »
That comment was never more true than it is right now. One problem with mixing different pills is that when you have a new problem gakk emerge, you can't tell which pill contained the gakk. You also risk contaminating the pseudo you would have gotten from some of the pills with the trash you couldn't remove from the others.

Now to complicate matters a little further, I suspect the same care should be applied to lot numbers of the same pill. Extract different lots separately. You will notice with a couple of lot numbers that one lot will clean differently than the previous lot.  This may not be true of all pills, but it certainly is true of the ones I have been working with.